Monday, December 1, 2008

Another Successful Concert...

Amongst all the other million concerts that go on this time of year, our composition concert was one of the bests. I loved the variety at this concert especially! Everyone had such good ideas about the clichés. It was a very good idea for a final project. I think that everyone picked something that they were interested in and that definitely helped us compose a great piece (everything is better when you like what you are doing)! I was pretty pleased with how my piece worked out (even though I fluffed a note at my favorite part of the piece... thats what you get I guess when a clarinet player decides to play a brass instrument.... haha). But considering I hated my piece and how I ended it on the Wednesday before the concert, I was very pleased with how it turned out. There are always improvements you can make, like Dr. Ross said somewhere down the road in class or on a blog... but wherever it was, you will always want to make "improvements" upon your compositions, but at some point you have to just leave it and settle for what you have, which is probably fine to everyone other than yourself anyway!

Again, to everyone else, great job Saturday night! We did it!

-Melissa

No comments: