Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Feedback about Feedback...

The class seems to like my composition. There has been comments about how I wrote the cliché very well, and the idea that I was going for was very easy to recognize. Comments were made about the chorale section, and how I can expand that section. I am hoping to present that part of my composition tomorrow. Also in the near future I am going to expand on the interruptions that took place after the beginning of the piece. I am also going to change the roles of the instruments maybe towards the end of the piece to create the more unexpected element again.

I think I have all the ideas I need in this piece. Now I just need to "mess them up" a bit more. I'm liking the idea of surprise in this piece. I think I have many opportunities to be very sneaky!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

I think it's going well too. I remain curious about those repeated notes (D's, I think)... they were not what I was expecting, I guess, but they would also be a good device to build on; i.e., others could take up the idea too, incl. all three at the same time, but on different notes.