Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Beginning...

Time for a little honesty: When it came time to register for this fall semester, I only registered for composition because I "needed" it in order to graduate in the Spring. The idea of composing has always intimidated me. It is a very personal process. However, as the classes go on, I am realizing a bit more of what it is all about. This week, making up the 13 chords, I realized that I am growing with the idea of writing my own thoughts down on paper, and that the classmates in this course, are there to help, not to criticize.
This being said, my uncertainty is not completely gone, but I think this course will be a great experience!

Until next time,

Melissa W

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

That was a great blog entry! I suspect that a number of other people took this course for the same reason, and perhaps with similar doubts, but I really hope it turns out to be a great experience for you, and for any others that feel this way!