Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A New Project...

Beginnings of the Second Composition project.
I have a sense of completion after my last composition project. I went to staples and had it bound, and now t is finished and looking very professional. I like the sence of completion and achievement that I get because of this project being done.
Now for the second task! Figuring out what cliché to use for my second project. We were told to think of a musical cliché and then use it to create a piece revolving and evolving around it.
I wanted to boo this work on something that interested me so I was messing around with a few ideas. I landed on Brass Band Music. I have (and still do) played with different brass band groups mainly with the Salvation Army. And there are specific stereotypical roles for each instrument. I thought I would play with that idea a little bit in this composition. Perhaps take the instruments out of their normal roles and put them into a new one! Ah yes... I like that idea.

Instrumentation:
Cornet
Alto Horn
Trombone

I am presenting my beginning idea in class tomorrow!
See you then!
-Melissa

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

It's a fine idea, and I've enjoyed what I heard so far!